Your 2021 Virtual Orientation Binder
- Important Links for New Graduate Students (bookmark it!)
- Your Department's Grad Resources Page (bookmark it!) including:
- Degree Checklists
- Degree Requirements
- Program Handbook
- Description of Duties forms
- Eligibility Checklist (required each quarter, except summer, for employment or fellowship)
- and more...
- Professional Development program, including a calendar of workshops: GradPathways
- Becoming a California Resident - Domestic nonresidents are expected to become California residents before the start of their second year - Make sure to start collecting evidence now. (International Students may not become residents for tuition purposes)
- UC Davis Campus Map - Find out how to get to orientation and your classes
- When in doubt, ask the LangLit Staff
Orientations Schedule 2021
*Please note that any references to “New” French TAs/AIs means new to teaching French at UC Davis (even if you’ve had previous teaching experience at another university or in another department at UC Davis)
TBA: International Graduate Student Orientation (required for new international students)
TBA: Graduate Student Orientation
Orientation by the Office of Graduate Studies register here https://gradstudies.ucdavis.edu/current-students/newly-admitted-students/orientation.
Various Dates: Sexual Violence Prevention training
All new students must complete this training. See https://sexualviolence.ucdavis.edu/graduate-and-professional-student-education-requirements to select a date.
Various Dates: Test of Oral English Proficiency (TOEP) / SPEAK Test – For international graduate students / TAs. See http://iae.ucdavis.edu/graduate/index.html for information on who must take it and how to sign up.
TBA: Languages & Literatures Orientation -required
Administrative items; IT troubleshooting; photos; tour of DLC
TBA: Center for Educational Effectiveness (CEE) TA Training
Register online at http://cetl.ucdavis.edu/courses-and-events/ta-orientation.html (required for new TAs/AIs). Two courses must be completed online prior to this in-person training. Consult your registration confirmation email for time & location of the in person
Department of French & Italian Orientation: TBA, September 2021