- French Degree Requirements for the M.A. & Ph.D. (approved 2012) [PDF]
- Graduate Student Handbook (last updated: Fall 2017) [PDF]
- FRE MA Checklist 2016[PDF]
- Mentoring Guidelines [PDF] - The UC Davis Graduate Council adopted faculty/student mentoring guidelines in 1999 that explain what mentoring is and the expectations faculty and students should have of one another.
- Ph.D. Degree Checklist - Language & Linguistics (2014) [PDF]
- Ph.D. Degree Checklist - Literature (2012) [PDF]
- Variable Unit Course Request form - required for enrollment in FRE 297, 298, 299, or 299D
French TA Resources
- TA Guide (2016)
- TA Policy and Procedure (2015)
- Description of TA Duties FRE 1-3
- Description of TA Duties FRE 21-23
- Description of TA/AI/Reader Duties BLANK (for jobs not listed above)
- TA Absence Report - Complete this report if you ever have to cancel class at the last minute (e.g. if you wake up ill or have car troubles) or when you anticipate an absence (e.g. for a conference).
UC Employment Policy
- Policies for hiring graduate students, including employment limits: Academic Personnel Manual Appendix II-B http://manuals.ucdavis.edu/apm/II-B.htm
- Eligibility Checklist - Must be completed prior to each quarter you are to be employed or receive a fellowship [PDF]
- Sproul Hall Information for Grad Students
- Important Links for UC Davis Graduate Students (Sorted by category, use "ctrl F" to search by keyword)
- Computing Resources
- The Center For Educational Effectiveness (CEE) TA Orientation
- The Office of Graduate Studies Week of Welcome (WOW)
- Services for International Students & Scholars (SISS) Orientation for international students
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for a travel award? Students interested in submitting work to professional conferences are strongly advised to have their proposals reviewed by at least one faculty member prior to submission. In order to be eligible for departmental support, all abstracts must be reviewed by a least one faculty member. Once accepted and prior to the conference, forward to the Department Chair the email indicating that your paper has been accepted for presentation, along with a letter of request that includes an itemized budget estimate. Because department funds are limited, consider applying to other campus sources noted in the Graduate Student Handbook.
- How do I get credit (units) for my work as a TA? 50% TAs may sign up for 4 units of FRE 396. Visit graduate staff offices for the CRN. Make sure to sign up for the section led by your TA Supervisor.
- How do I sign up for an independent study (FRE 297, 299, 299D) since I've completed my coursework? Visit graduate staff offices for the CRN and complete this variable unit course request form when you meet with the instructor. You must enroll in sisweb using the CRN.
- What form(s) of ID do I need to be hired? You need 1 document from list A or 1 document from list B and1 document from list C (see page 9). International Students, make sure to bring your i-20 or DS-2019 as well: I-9 Acceptable Documents.
- Am I eligible for financial assistance for Childcare costs? See http://worklife-wellness.ucdavis.edu/family_care/children/financialassistance.html for information on the different childcare subsidies to learn which one(s) you may qualify for.
Graduate Studies Forms
(Please route through Nancy Masson for signatures so we can keep a copy in your file.)